This class is open to all types of cameras and cell phones as well.
Intro to Videography
November 5 - December 10, 2019 (*no class Thanksgiving week)
Join Jordan Marking of Three Part Films for an introduction to the essentials of videography! In this 5 week class we’ll cover:
1. The exposure triangle (aperture, shutter speed, and ISO) and the creative effects each of these settings yield:
-Aperture>depth of field, bokeh
-Shutter speed>motion blur and flicker
2. Lenses and use scenarios (background compression, distortion, constant and variable aperture, full frame/crop).
- Basic types of lenses
- Camera movement and stabilizing gear and tricks
3. Composition - angles and rule of thirds.
4. Lighting - three point lighting and diffusion.
5. Basic audio options (lav, shotgun and uses) as well as some editing (one handed editing, cuts, tempo).
5 week course, Tuesday evenings 5:30 - 7:30pm, $200
Taught by Jordan Marking